Parks Operations Specialist
|Salary Range:||$15.13/hr - $17.40/hr|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Parks & Recreation|
|Description:||Provides technical support to park maintenance staff and performs manual labor and operates heavy equipment to ensure the timely construction, repair, and maintenance of park maintenance equipment.|
With minimal supervision, carries out duties in accordance with established policies and procedures; exercises moderate-to-high levels of independent judgment and initiative. Interacts frequently with department personnel and the external public. May be lead worker. May instruct and/or coordinate efforts of assigned crews.
|Duties:||1. Perform maintenance, repairs, renovations, and replacement of turf areas, trees and shrubs, athletic fields, play areas and all other outdoor facilities.|
2. Mow, fertilize, aerate, grade, seed, sod, rake grounds and sports facilities .
3. Repair and maintain City park buildings and equipment; minor plumbing, painting, sandblasting, light welding, replacing light bulbs, repairing park benches, etc.
4. Respond to park patron routine inquiries and enforce park rules and regulations.
5. Maintain City tools and equipment in safe and effective operating condition; make minor repairs and adjustments as necessary; report unsafe or inoperable equipment to department management.
6. As directed by department management/supervision, oversee and inspect the work of and train less- experienced park maintenance staff.
7. May be assigned temporarily to other departments to provide related support.
8. Plan the quality, quantity, and timing of materials and supplies.
9. Other related duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||General knowledge of construction layout and survey procedures.|
Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Ability to understand and provide verbal and written work instructions.
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and otherwise interface with external public.
Ability to safely operate and maintain vehicles, equipment, and tools, including light trucks, backhoe, maintainer, front-end loader, and grader, tractor, shredder, auger, lawn tractor, trencher, weed eater, trailer, chainsaw, shop tools, and hand tools.
High school diploma or equivalent.
3+years experience in constructing and maintaining park properties.
Valid Class B Texas drivers license
Licensed Irrigation Technician or equivalent certification
1-3 years sports turf maintenance