|Salary Range:||$37,000 - $45,000/annually, DoE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under direct supervision of the Assistant Finance Director, perform a variety of accounting activities involving the recording, analysis and reporting of financial data. |
Performs professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation and analysis of financial data. Responsible for accomplishing accounting assignments involving the application of accounting knowledge and abilities. Functions as an individual contributor with respect to City accounting functions; must apply a significant degree of initiative and independent judgment; frequently interfaces with employees and managers in other departments and the general public.
|Duties:||1. Prepare, or assist in the preparation of, financial statements and reports pertaining to departmental or City activities. These activities may include but are not limited to: cash receipt accounting, funds investment, fixed assets, accounts payable, journal entries, general ledger reconciliation, cost accounting, bank reconciliation, bond balancing, and capital project accounting. |
2. Prepare financial statements and operating performance reports, including various monthly or summary financial reports, for management, Council, and department managers.
3. Maintain and update records of fixed asset purchases; perform physical inventories and inspections of fixed assets.
4. Record financial transactions by creating journal entries.
5. Perform a monthly review and balance various general ledger accounts and financial reports including but not limited to: accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit cards and bonds.
6. Oversee the City’s petty cash funds and ensure departmental compliance with policies and procedures related to the petty cash program.
7. Assist in preparation of City’s annual budget, CAFR, PAFR, and related documents.
8. Develop or modify written procedures relating to departmental accounting processes.
9. Prepare special reports or conduct research as requested by department management.
10. Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and safety rules.
11. Become thoroughly familiar with every aspect of departmental processes and act as a backup to other
|Qualifications:||In-depth knowledge of general accounting procedures and processes and ability to apply that knowledge to local government requirements. |
Ability to manage fixed asset reporting within guidelines.
Ability to work independently or as a part of a team. Must be able to work on many different projects at once.
Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills.
Ability to interface professionally with employees, management, vendors, consultants, and general public. Excellent customer service skills (phone and face-to-face).
Proficient with special department software such as Incode, standard word processing, database and spreadsheet software, applicable computer equipment, 10-key calculator and standard office equipment.
Bachelor’s degree with a major in Finance, Accounting or related field, required.
1-5 years’ experience in finance/accounting role.