|Salary Range:||$38,089.96 - $43,503.35/annually, DoE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under general supervision, the Communications Specialist with city-wide communications and marketing with an emphasis on the Library. The position oversees content on the City’s website utilizing a Content Management System; manages City social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) from marketing, monitoring, content creation, and implementation and reporting; manages internal and external publications; and creates press releases and other marketing materials about City news and events.|
Work involves writing, editing, and production of informational materials for City services, events and programs. Work involves coordinating social media, marketing, and promotional efforts. Work involves strategizing a variety of social media outreach efforts for the City. May assign and supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. As part of the Communications Division, partners with City Manager’s Office on communications initiatives and announcements.
|Duties:||1. Works closely with the Communications Division to promote activities of the Library and city departments through city outreach methods including but not limited to press releases, brochures, print advertisements, social media, internet, and media. |
2. Writes scripts for public service announcements and promotional videos in conjunction with city videographer.
3. Manages regular postings and analyzes reports for the city’s online social media presence including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Nextdoor.
4. Participates in social media listening in order to track/ monitor the City’s brand and responds to resident inquiries for numerous city departments and events.
5. Coordinates and implements social media campaigns and events to engage residents with the city.
6. Oversees social media advertising and measures success of social media advertising campaigns.
7. Takes photos of City and library events and activities to use in brochures, online and in social media.
8. Maintains accurate information on the city’s website for the library (library.pflugervilletx.gov) to include the library calendar, home page and news components.
9. Creates and implements marketing strategies for the Pflugerville Public Library, its programs and facility to include expanded membership and program attendance.
10. May work with other city divisions including but not limited to the Pflugerville Animal Shelter, Public Works, Police, City Council and other city departments in support of citywide communications and messaging.
11. Assists in the communications function during activation of the city’s Emergency Operations Center. Assists with posting emergency messages to the public in conjunction with the communications team and in support of city public information officers.
12. Designs and conducts membership surveys to measure user satisfaction with programs and customer experience.
13. Manages vendors through which the City maintains contracts to monitor or archive City social media accounts to comply with open records and record retention.
14. Writes policy and guiding documents to aid City departments with on-boarding and content creation on city social media accounts.
15. Promotes internal communications citywide through newsletter content and implementation of approved applications including Slack.
16. Works closely with other City departments and divisions pertaining to their marketing, promotions and online social media presence.
17. Writes award submittals to highlight activities of the city and the library.
18. May plan, assign, train and/or supervise the work of others.
19. Performs related work as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in marketing, communications, public relations, related discipline preferred; high school diploma or equivalent plus six years of progressive marketing experience in lieu of bachelor's degree|
Municipal government experience preferred
Experience communicating, promoting, and supporting events, such as citywide and library special events
Experience writing/editing in AP Style
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Advanced graphic design experience and abilities, including a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
Social media management experience (Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Nextdoor, etc.)
Ability to learn and manage social media archival applications used by the city including Buffer, Hootsuite, Smarsh, Sprout Social etc)