Communications Intern (Part-Time)
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Support communications staff in marketing and promotional efforts, especially on social media. This position is intended for a college student, recent graduate or professional who desires part-time experience in government, marketing and communications.|
|Duties:||1. Create original social media content and schedule using a content management system (Sprout Social). |
2. Assist with social media monitoring and customer service on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor.
3. Assist with content creation for the City’s tourism website (pfuntx.com) and Visit Widget.
4. Attend communications department meetings.
5. Take pictures at citywide special events and programs, as needed.
6. Assist with media relations capturing media clips and researching online coverage.
7. Catalogue news stories and press releases to track city’s media impressions.
8. Use content management tool to update city websites.
9. Assist in the design and writing of the monthly utility bill insert, the Pflyer.
10. Write content for the weekly e-newsletter Key to the City.
11. Assist with ordering and maintaining stock of promotional items.
12. Help represent the city and community events.
13. Assist with preparing presentations for various meetings.
|Qualifications:||Demonstrated familiarity with AP Writing Style - press release writing experience is preferred. |
Experience with Microsoft Office
Comfort with Adobe Photoshop and/or Canva.
Social media experience - Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Experience with a content management system is preferred.
Videography or photography experience, or graphic design abilities a plus.
Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as customer service skills.
Currently enrolled in college or recently graduated. Degree plan in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field is required.
Valid Class C Driver’s License
Position is limited to 2 to 5 days a week with work hours to be determined between Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5 p.m. and occasional weekends, nights, and special events.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.