Facilities Maintenance Technician II
|Salary Range:||$15.13 - $17.40/hr|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under direction from the Facilities Foreman performs repair and maintenance activities relative to City buildings and facilities. Responds to service calls and completes work order requests for HVAC, plumbing, A/C, painting, electrical issues, and carpentry. Trains new personnel in basic repair and maintenance.|
Work is generally limited to maintaining City building facilities. May interface with City employees and outside public.
|Duties:||1. Completes HVAC evaluations and repairs by replacing electrical components, capacitors, air handler blower motors and belts; maintains coils; replaces condenser fan motors; ensures repair and maintenance on building A/C units. |
2. Maintains the electrical systems of facilities by installing ceiling fans, and additional outlets and lighting fixtures; upgrades to new components; changes ballasts; replaces or resets time clocks and photo cells.
3. Manages plumbing systems by repairing and upgrading faucets; maintains garbage disposals, toilets, kitchen bathrooms and sinks, water heaters, drain pipes, and showers.
4. Performs general services by installing and patching drywall; touch up and complete interior paint; works on high security gate; maintains alarm system, and elevators; determines level of repair; troubleshoots and performs preventative maintenance; re-arranging furniture and equipment as needed; maintains understanding of carpentry practices; installs flooring.
5. Performs all functions focusing on safety for self, co-workers, and city customers alike.
6. Other related or unrelated duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||- Possess attention to detail|
- Ability to safely and effectively operate a wide variety of hand, power and shop tools. (drill, screwdriver, hammer, power saw, etc.)
- Ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented in the English language through spoken words and sentences.
- Possess good customer service skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class C Texas driver license
- At least two (2) years of experience in facility maintenance work or a position that required similar skills. Completion of a related certificate, AAS, or AA program from an accredited college, university or vocational school may substitute for work experience.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Pushing and pulling – as required to operate related tools, equipment and machinery.
- Climbing ladders.
- Inside and outside working environments.
- Scheduled as determined by department needs.
- Some overtime may be required to accommodate special events.
- Ability to work on-call and to respond to emergencies beyond the normal 40-hour work week.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.