Utility CIP Administrative Technician
|Salary Range:||$15.13/hr - $17.40/hr|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under the general direction of the City Engineer, this position provides Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Engineering staff members with direct technical and professional support. Assists with communications efforts related to engineering functions. Carries out all responsibilities in accordance with established departmental policies & procedures, City codes and ordinances, and state and federal regulations. Capable of completing assignments within defined methods, procedures and practices. Frequently interfaces with City employees, engineering consultants, and contractors.|
|Duties:||1. Provides technical assistance on CIP projects.|
2. At the direction of the City Engineer, create or modify standard details using AutoCAD.
3. Prepare exhibits, maps and other deliverables using GIS software and related equipment.
4. Assist in developing and maintaining physical and electronic filing systems for the CIP Department.
5. Assists with the development of project deliverables and meetings including the preparation of agendas and meeting minutes.
6. Maintains database and facilitates the review and processing of contractor pay applications and professional service invoices.
7. Manage and update website for CIP Engineering and projects including posting of RFQs and proposals.
8. Manage general projects email and coordinate responses to inquiries and requests from residents, and other divisions about the capital improvement program.
9. Using independent judgment performs data collection and analysis requiring problem solving and prepares information and maintains spreadsheets and databases.
10. Performs field investigations and gather data for the preparation of the design phase of in-house projects.
11. Respond to inquiries from contractors, utility companies, consultants and the general public regarding City construction projects
12. Facilitates the handling of time sensitive request such as ORR's (Open Records Request) as well as other technical and confidential documents.
13. Work involves responding to requests and providing information and assistance to city staff and the public in person or by telephone.
14. Maintains calendar, schedules meetings, prepares for events and makes travel arrangements.
15. Files and retrieves documents, records and reports.
16. Responsible for recordation of legal instruments at Travis or Williamson Counties.
17. Coordinates the logistics for events; plans and monitors the activities; coordinates activities with and provides information to outside contractors and service providers.
18. Attends meetings, records minutes and distributes meeting notes, as requested.
19. Serve on and represent the CIP Engineering Department on various committees, as assigned.
20. Assists City Engineer in developing and managing expenditure tracking for department
|Qualifications:||Extensive knowledge of customer service principles and practices. |
Knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Knowledge of effective planning and coordination methods.
Skilled in resolving problems and situations as they arise.
Skilled in gathering, processing and analyzing data.
Ability to handle multiple priorities.
Ability to communicate proficiently and effectively.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Four (4) years of administrative or technical support experience. College credit may be substituted for experience on a year per year basis.
Valid Class C Texas driver�s license and good driving record.