Fleet Assistant- Pflugerville Police Dept
|Salary Range:||$12.51 - $14.38/hr|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Fleet Assistant is responsible for assisting the Equipment Control Specialist on general oversight of the police departmentís equipment and supply function, to include, issuing equipment and other supplies to department personnel, assisting with the maintaining of supply and equipment inventory and ensuring that repairs and routine maintenance of vehicles and equipment are being performed in an efficient manner. Works closely with the Equipment Control Specialist to complete tasks in accordance with schedules and timelines. |
The Fleet Assistant assists the Equipment Control Specialist in maintaining inventory and supplies for most functions within the police department. Works under the general direction of the Equipment Control Specialist to ensure that assigned work is being done according to deadlines and needs.
|Duties:||1. Coordinates the installation of equipment in police vehicles with the designated installer.|
2. Orders and maintains the inventory of all department equipment and supplies, including to whom it is assigned and where it is located.
3. Arranges for the service, repair and maintenance of department equipment. Obtains bids for larger expenditures, tracks equipment warranty and service schedules, arranges for replacement, service, or repair as needed, and may pick up and deliver vehicles and equipment to Cityís fleet department or vendors. Assists with facilitating fleet maintenance.
4. Communicates and maintains working relationships with others in carrying out job functions. Frequently interacts with others in the work unit and vendors to exchange detailed and/or technical information.
5. Performs all job duties in compliance with safety guidelines and with an ongoing awareness of safety practices. When potentially unsafe conditions are observed, makes efforts to avoid or correct them if they are controllable and draws them to the attention of the responsible supervisor or safety representative in a timely manner.
6. Maintain department's A.E.D.s and fire extinguishers.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge of general clerical/office practices and procedures including basic office workflow procedures.|
Ability to understand detailed written and verbal operating procedures and instructions.
Knowledge of data processing methods, information storage and retrieval techniques.
Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
Knowledge of common practices and procedures of processing and disseminating information and supporting documentation.
Knowledge of basic record keeping practices.
Knowledge of proper handling of firearms, drugs, and hazardous materials.
Knowledge of police department supply and acquisition procedures.
Knowledge of proper inventory procedures.
Skilled in communication as applied to the interaction with co-workers, supervisors, the general public, and others, sufficient to exchange and/or convey information and to receive work direction.
Knowledge of department and city rules while following sound work and safety practices in order to accomplish the job objectives and avoid injury or loss.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.