|Salary Range:||$41,898.61 - $48,183.53/DoE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Primary purpose of this position is current planning functions, such as maintenance of demographics and other long range planning efforts that are to be complemented by active involvement in and support of current planning tasks, such that applications for all development comply with applicable City codes and ordinances and are processed in accordance with approved procedures. |
With minimum supervision, carries out all responsibilities in accordance with established departmental policies & procedures. Exercises significant levels of independent judgment/initiative. Applies department and City operational knowledge and functional expertise to solve moderately complex problems affecting both current and long-range planning functions. Frequently interfaces with City management, other City employees, citizens and the development community.
|Duties:||1. Coordinates with and assists other staff with the review all development related applications within the City limits or extra-territorial jurisdiction for compliance with the Cityís Unified Development Code as well as the Local Government Code.|
2. Administers demographic data for long term planning projects.
3. For subdivision and site development approvals, ensures completeness and compliance of documents/materials in accordance with established procedures;
4. Provides guidance and information to the general public regarding various development-related regulations of the City.
5. Prepares and delivers reports/presentations to the Planning and Zoning Commission and/or City Council; assist department secretary with preparing for public meetings.
6. Coordinates multiple member development review committee comprised of City department representatives as well as representatives from external agencies: initiates and conducts meetings; records meeting notes.
7. Assists with the implementation of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program.
8. Coordinates with external agencies, including but not limited to CAMPO, CAPCOG, and Travis County, as needed.
9. Works on special projects and current and long range planning projects, as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Bachelorís degree in Urban and Regional Planning or similar field.|
3+ yearsí experience in similar capacity, preferably with a local government. Masters degree may substitute for some experience requirements.
Valid Class C Texas driverís license.
Sound working knowledge of standard office procedures, as well as related City and departmental procedures.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, scheduling, and other office-related software.
Ability to conduct related research via internet and other available resources.
Ability to effectively and safely operate computers and other office equipment, as well as a digital camera and engineer/architectural scale.
Ability to use Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.