Systems Administrator – SAA (Spillman Application Administrator)
|Salary Range:||$46,088.90 - $53,002.18/annually, DoE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under direct supervision from the Chief Information Officer, coordinates and administers the information technology function for the Public Safety Communications System (Spillman) & collaboration with the entire City systems. Provides support to the operation and its employees.|
Provide paraprofessional support to the Information Technology department in accordance with clearly established policies and procedures. Performs technical and administrative duties requiring a high degree of analysis, individual judgment, and discretion in the administration of IT activities. Interfaces with City employees and City management.
|Duties:||1. Manage Windows server infrastructure utilizing Microsoft Windows AD, GPO, and schema to manage the domain and Microsoft Exchange E-Mail system. Ensure the Microsoft Windows Server network maintains high availability and performance.|
2. Install, maintain, and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows operating systems including Windows 7/10 and 2008R2/2012R2.
3. Maintain Public Safety Communications System, CAD and RMS Systems, Digital In-Car Video System, including routine maintenance, network connectivity, and minor repair, and Telecommunications functions for the City Public Safety departments. Provide help-desk support for public safety servers, work stations, electronic ticket writers and their connectivity, and mobile data terminals. Maintain the physical security and video surveillance system, including rights assignments, account lockouts, account creation, CCTV functionality, and system up time.
4. Assist and answer questions from employees and management, referring questions from the public to the supervisor.
5. Research application and technology enhancements with product vendors to implement highly efficient services.
6. Ensure that all systems, equipment, and machines used in the course of the day are properly maintained.
7. Work on special projects as requested.
8. Other related duties as requested.
|Qualifications:||5 years working experience. |
Working knowledge of current Information Technology as it relates to sound business practices in a municipal government environment.
Technical expertise and experience to maintain a 24-hour continuous 9-1-1 emergency and public safety communications system. Knowledge of the operations, management, and technology of enhanced 9-1-1 systems, computer-aided dispatch and software, records management system, Virtual Networks and VoIP telephone systems
Thorough knowledge of installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows operating systems including Windows 7/10 and 2008R2/2012R2.
Accurately handle several priorities at one time during stressful situations.
Understanding of confidentiality and security in an IT environment.
Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills. Ability to understand and follow instructions, policies, rules, and regulations.
Ability to interface professionally with employees and management.
High school diploma or equivalent. Some college is preferred, but may not be substituted for experience.
Database Experience SQL/Ctree
Crystal Reports Knowledge
Microsoft Windows Active directory environment based on a 2003R2, 2008R2, 2012R2.
Law Enforcement knowledge (understanding of uniformed police officers workflows & processes)
IBR reporting (Break/Fix only, not responsible for reports submittals to the State)
Understanding of Linux
Java programming language
The candidate selected for this position must be able to pass an extensive background screening and pre-employment drug screening.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.