Deputy Court Clerk
|Salary Range:||$13.76 - $15.82/hour, DoE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under general supervision, operates in accordance with clearly established policies and procedures. Frequently interfaces with general public, City employees, and government/law enforcement officials.|
|Duties:||1. Performs a wide variety of legal clerical support work requiring a knowledge and understanding of court functions, policies, programs and procedures.|
2. Provides information to public, jurors, attorneys, and law enforcement personnel regarding court functions; regularly serves as a liaison with other city departments, outside law enforcement agencies and other parties. Responds to and resolves difficult customer service questions and problems.
3. Enters and retrieves data from on-line computer systems; reviews information and makes corrections.
4. Prepares a variety of documents related to processing of court cases such as complaints, summons, subpoenas, arrest warrants, judgments, hearing notices, jury summons and other related correspondence.
5. Maintains accurate records for the Court; annotates case files and status records to reflect correct events. Accepts legal documents; reviews for correctness of form and timeliness; authenticates official documents.
6. Reviews case files and documents, researches discrepancies and verifies information schedules court dates and records dispositions.
7. Accepts payments for fines, fees and bonds; issues and reconciles receipts; maintains accurate accounting of funds.
8. Sorts and files legal materials such as forms, correspondence and related documents; locates and retrieves court files; searches files and verifies materials placed in files are related and complete; prepares new case folders and inserts related court materials in accordance with specific procedures.
9. Occasionally performs related duties in courtroom environment with judge; works as a team member; assists in training of other court staff on routine tasks.
|Qualifications:|| Clerical practices and procedures; cashiering, cash handling and recordkeeping practices and procedures; legal statutes and rules; technical and operating principals. (Preferred)|
Ability to understand complex oral and written instructions and technical or legal terminology.
Good communication (verbal and written), mathematical and analytical skills.
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with city employees, governmental officials and the public.
Ability to work in stressful environment and establish priorities.
Working proficiency with personal computer, typewriter, calculator, copiers, facsimile and office machines.
High school education or equivalent.
One year office administration that required interface with the general public preferred.
Specific state mandated licenses or certifications or as required by the supervisor.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.