Admin Tech/Call Taker (Police)
|Salary Range:||$13.76 - $15.82/hour|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Receive non-emergency and limited emergency calls from the public for police assistance. |
Carries out duties in accordance with established policies and procedures; exercises limited-to-moderate independent judgment, discretion, and initiative in the performance of duties. Interacts frequently with external public and department personnel.
|Duties:||1. Coordinates communication between public and a police dispatcher, investigator, or other law enforcement personnel by screening & transferring calls.|
2. Carry out duties with accuracy and speed under pressure of time-sensitivity.
3. Receive non-emergency calls from the public: provide directions, information or other assistance, as requested.
4. Provide administrative support to Dispatch, Admin personnel and others as assigned.
5. Must be able to communicate information/directions effectively & in a courteous manner.
6. Must be able to work in a high-paced environment and multi-task work in an efficient manner.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge of multi-line PBX phone, basic computer skills, fax machine, printer, copier, TDD/TTY (Telecommunication Device for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing) equipment.|
Must possess sufficient clarity of speech and hearing with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must be physically able to operate a variety of machines and equipment including a computer, telephone, general office equipment, etc. Must be able to exert up to ten pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of ten to twenty pounds.
Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum one year general office with multi-phone line experience.
Must be able to pass a police department background investigation.
The hours for this position are either 8am-4pm or 4pm to 12am, Tuesday - Saturday.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.