Police Records Clerk- FOIA
|Salary Range:||$13.76 - $17.89/hour, DoE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under direction of the Records Supervisor, performs professional record retention for the Records Division with an emphasis on the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) activity. Work involves accurate record retention and reporting. Work also includes maintaining a liaison relationship with the citizenry and other governmental departments.|
|Duties:||1. Respond to public information requests under the Freedom if Information Act, coordinate the retrieval of information and address questions or concerns as necessary.|
2. Assist in coordinating and maintaining a comprehensive records retention program.
3. Coordinate and consult with department employees, City employees, City employees, and the City Attorney's Office on the requirements of the FOIA and applicable State and City codes/laws.
4. Receive non-emergency contact both in person and by phone from the public; provide directions, information or other assistance, as requested.
5. Serve as the departmental liaison regarding public information requests; clarifying requests and advising requestors of appropriate time lines and expected fees. Disseminating video requests to inter-agencies and courts.
6. Communicate with the supervisor on administrative matters within the department or community concerns.
7. Prepare written documentation on an accurate and timely basis.
8. Create and maintain department files, including paper files and automated records to ensure important department information is readily and accurately available.
9. Maintain confidentiality of information and records.
10. Maintains courteous liaison relationship with the citizenry, government officials and other entities regarding the person(s)\or entities/’needs while addressing routine inquires.
11. Assists video editor with redacting in-car digital video and body camera video for open record request.
12. Responsible for redacting in-car digital video and body camera video for open record request.
13. Provides administrative support to the department, such as greeting visitors, answering telephones, filling, typing, preparing technical police reports, maintain and update designated logs, files, make copies, as well as fax information and correspondence.
14. Clean and otherwise perform routine maintenance of the Central Records area as needed, such as change printer/toner cartridges, add paper to copiers, and have vendor contacted for service as necessary.
15. Performs related work as assigned
|Qualifications:||Comprehensive understanding of the requirements of the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act, Texas lwas regarding FOIA, Texas laws regarding police records, and Texas laws regarding confidentiality.|
Knowledgeable with working proficiency using file share sites/Microsoft office/Adobe premiere/Photoshop.
Ability to interface professionally with city employees, governmental officials, and the general public.
High school diploma or equivalent.
One to three years’ experience managing open records requests under the Freedom of Information Act. Three to five years' experience is preferred.
One year professional experience in department administration and general business practices involved in providing public service.
Experience in accessing law enforcement databases.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.