|Salary Range:||$50,000 - $59,000|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under direct supervision of the Assistant Finance Director, perform a variety of accounting activities involving the|
recording, analysis and reporting of financial data.
Performs professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation and analysis of financial data. Responsible
for accomplishing accounting assignments involving the application of accounting knowledge and abilities. Functions as
an individual contributor with respect to City accounting functions; must apply a significant degree of initiative and
independent judgment; frequently interfaces with employees and managers in other departments and the general public.
|Duties:||1. Understand overall accounting functions and operations of the City.|
2. Prepare financial statements and operating performance reports, including various monthly or summary financial
reports, for management, Council, and department managers.
3. Maintain and update records of fixed asset purchases; perform physical inventories and inspections of fixed assets.
4. Record financial transactions by creating and inputting journal entries.
5. Perform a monthly review and balance various general ledger accounts and financial reports including but not limited
to: accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit cards, capital projects, and bonds.
6. Oversee the City’s petty cash funds and ensure departmental compliance with policies and procedures related to the
petty cash program.
7. Assist in preparation of City’s annual budget, CAFR, PAFR, and related documents.
8. Develop or modify written procedures relating to departmental accounting processes.
9. Prepare special reports or conduct research as requested by department management.
10. Coordinate and review the work of others in finance department to complete financial projects.
11. Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and safety rules.
12. Become thoroughly familiar with every aspect of departmental processes, such as Utility Billing and Payroll.
13. Assist in various payroll/human resources functions, as requested by department management.
14. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Thorough understanding of governmental accounting and the City's processes within that framework.|
In-depth knowledge of general accounting procedures and processes and ability to apply that knowledge to local government requirements.
Capacity to review, interpret and apply policies, laws, standards, guidelines, and best practices from a variety of organizations and authorities.
Ability to work independently or as a part of a team. Must be able to work on many different projects at once.
Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills.
Ability to interface professionally with employees, management, vendors, consultants, and general public. Excellent customer service skills (phone and face-to-face).
Proficient with special department software such as Incode, standard word processing, database and spreadsheet software, applicable computer equipment, 10-key calculator and standard office equipment.
Bachelor's degree with a major in Finance, Accounting or related field, required.
3 years' experience in finance/accounting role, preferably in municipal government accounting.
Certified Government Finance Officer (CGFO) or similar certification preferred.
Verbal and written communication.
Effective operation of computer and other standard office equipment.