|Salary Range:||$51,022/annual starting pay, up to $53,622 with experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Join the dynamic team in the City of Pflugerville Police Department. Located just north of Austin, TX, Pflugerville is a rapidly growing community with all the charm of a small town. Not only do our officers protect the life, property, general safety, and welfare of the general public, but they also take great pride in the community policing activities that create a friendly and welcoming environment with the citizens they serve.|
|Duties:||1. Patrol City streets to deter crime and assist citizens as needed; note suspicious persons, activities, or establishments; take action or report the situation.|
2. Investigate criminal or suspicious activities; secure crime scenes; gather evidence; interview/interrogate witness/suspects; make arrests.
3. Prepare cases for court; appear in court to present evidence and serve as a witness.
4. Investigate and assist at accident scenes: administer first aid as required; call for necessary assistance; investigate the cause and results of accidents; recommend corrective action(s) to help avoid similar future accidents.
5. Identify and correct or report public safety hazards.
6. Control traffic flow for compliance with local and state regulations: direct and re-route traffic at fires and other disturbances; issue tickets for parking and traffic violations; authorize the tow and impoundment of vehicles as required.
7. Prepare accurate and timely reports regarding response calls.
8. Perform animal control for City ordinance violations and wild animals in the absence of or conjunction with Animal Control Officer.
9. Provide information and direction to the public; provide public with other assistance as necessary, e.g., accessing locked vehicles and homes, obtaining road side assistance with disabled cars, and other community policing activities, etc.
10. Provide support to other Police functions such as School Resource Officer or Police Dispatchers
11. Book, monitor and control property, ensure safety, search and frisk inmates in holding facility.
12. May help train and oversee the work of less experienced Patrol Officers.
13. Maintain patrol cars in safe and clean operating condition.
14. Conduct crime prevention inspections and surveys for residential areas or businesses.
|Qualifications:||To be eligible for consideration, you must currently be a Licensed Peace Officer or be licensed on or before June 1, 2018.|
Relocation assistance may be available for out-of-town candidates.
Questions about the application, testing and hiring process can be directed to:
Sgt. Kurk Anderson
Professional Standards Division
Pflugerville Police Department
1611 E. Pfennig Lane
Pflugerville TX 78660