Treatment Plant Operator II/III
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Water Treatment Plant Operator is responsible for operations of the water plant and wells in order to ensure that residents have potable water in accordance with federal, state and municipal regulatory, policies and standards. |
With minimum direct supervision, work alone or with other members of the treatment crew in performing required daily tasks. Interfaces with other Utility Department personnel, City administrators, other City departments and the general public.
|Duties:||• Assists in preparing and maintaining plant records, both operational and regulatory.|
• Perform the required operational laboratory tests.
• Advises the Water Treatment Foreman of needed maintenance in the plant and wells.
• Responsible for the implementation of appropriate safety standards.
• Perform daily checks of the Water Treatment Plant and wells.
• Perform daily reads on various meters.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Water Treatment Foreman.
• Maintain Water Treatment Plant and Well facilities and grounds.
|Qualifications:||High School diploma or equivalent.|
Minimum of 2 years experience in operating and maintaining water treatment plants.
Grade B or C Surface Water License
Knowledge of water treatment principles and ability to make the necessary adjustments and changes to operational controls as needed.
Knowledge of State and Federal Permit requirements.
Knowledge of the mechanical components of water treatment plants.
Knowledge of basic computer skills.
Ability to work with minimum direct supervision.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with management, staff and the public.