Treatment Plant Operator III
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Treatment Plant Operator is responsible for operations of the Wastewater Treatment plant, Composting, Recycle Center, and maintenance duties in order to ensure quality control accordance with federal, state and municipal regulatory, policies and standards. |
Work with other members of the treatment crew in performing required daily tasks. Interfaces with other Utility Department personnel, City administrators, other City departments and the general public.
|Duties:||• Assists in preparing and maintaining plant records, both operational and regulatory.|
• Perform the required operational laboratory tests.
• Advises the Wastewater Treatment Foreman of needed maintenance in the plant.
• Responsible for the implementation of appropriate safety standards.
• Perform daily checks of the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
• Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of the Treatment Plant.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Wastewater Treatment Foreman.
|Qualifications:||High School diploma or equivalent.|
2-5 years experience in operating and maintaining Wastewater Treatment plants.
Grade A or B Wastewater Treatment License or the ability to attain A or B Wastewater Treatment License within 1 year
Valid Class C Texas drivers license with the ability to obtain class B commercial license within 6 months
Ability to learn wastewater treatment principles.
Ability to learn State and Federal Permit requirements.
Ability to understand basic mechanical components of wastewater treatment plants.
Knowledge of basic computer skills.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with management, staff and the public.