Construction Inspector II- CIP Engineering
|Salary Range:||$18.31 hr - $21.06|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Public Works & Engineering Dept|
|Description:||Ensure land development and construction projects comply with approved plans and generally accepted construction practices.|
Carries out all responsibilities in accordance with clearly established departmental policies & procedures, City codes and ordinances, and state and federal regulations; exercises moderate judgement and initiative; interfaces extensively with external contractors and sub-contractors; frequently interfaces with City management, other City employees, and the general public.
|Duties:||1. Oversee and inspect subdivisions and capital improvement projects for compliance with City codes and ordinances and construction standards.|
2. Direct and monitor street course density and moisture tests; prepare and maintain related inspection records.
3. Monitor water and wastewater pressure and leakage tests; prepare and maintain related inspection records.
4. Ensure the City Engineer/ Development Engineering Director is informed of/approves field changes as appropriate; document field changes for reference to as-built drawings.
5. May train and oversee less experienced Construction Inspectors, as requested by City Engineer/ Development Engineering Director.
6. Participate in amending or updating construction standards and standard details; remain current regarding developing trends and changes in federal, state, and local regulatory practices.
7. Assist City Engineer/ Development Engineering Director with preparing department budget and developing annual capital improvement plans: prepare construction cost estimates; provide information relating to field conditions of current previous construction projects; monitor monthly payouts.
8. Verify construction status and material quantities for City capital improvement projects and monthly payouts.
9. Make final field decisions on assigned jobs or make recommendations to City Engineer/ Development Engineering Director regarding field decisions.
|Qualifications:||3+ years experience in the field of construction inspection, preferably within municipal or country projects with emphasis in utility, street, and drainage projects. |
Sound working knowledge of street, sidewalk and concrete construction methods, practices, and materials.
Sound working knowledge of road construction materials and heavy construction materials and methods, practices, and procedures.
Excellent knowledge of proper safety practices and procedures and regulations applicable to work being performed.
Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database computer software; ability to operate computer and other standard office equipment.
Ability to establish and maintain professionally effective relationships with external publics/vendors, internal management and non-management employees, and City and other government officials.
Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and deadlines.
Ability to operate assigned City vehicle in accordance with safe and effective driving practices.
Valid Class C Texas driverís license and good driving record, i.e. no more than 2 tickets in any year and no more than 1 ticket in any 3-month period
High school diploma or equivalent; college level courses in construction technology or equivalent preferred.
Three or more years experience as construction inspector or similar required.
Certifcation in NICET Level I: Stormwater and Wastewater System Inspection or ability to obtain certification within six months.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.