Recreation Program Coordinator
|Salary Range:||$15.13 - $17.40 / hour|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Parks & Recreation|
|Description:||Under general supervision, the Recreation Program Coordinator creates, implements, and coordinates recreational programs at facilities throughout the city. |
Assists with and performs planning, coordination and supervision of comprehensive recreation programs, Pfun camps, events and activities, including planning, scheduling and implementing recreational activities in a specific program area; recruits, coordinates and supervises the activities of regular, temporary and volunteer staff; prepares program budgets and monitors expenditures; administers the rental, scheduling, use and maintenance of major recreation facilities; and performs related work as required.
|Duties:||1. Supervises and evaluates existing classes and programs.|
2. Responsible for assigned program's staffing to include interviewing, hiring, and training.
3. Screens outside companies and vendors to coordinate programs for the assigned programs.
4. Responsible for establishing seasonal group exercise and program schedules as well as promoting and advertising the assigned programs.
5. Oversees the procurement of supplies, set-up and clean-up, and volunteer recruitment for special events.
6. Completes administrative duties by creating, distributing and collecting program evaluations; generates revenue reports; creates flyers for programs and events; maintains registration and seasonal program paperwork; collects program information.
7. Assists with the creation and maintenance of the assigned program's budget.
8. Stays abreast of new trends as it relates to recreational program planning and coordination.
9. Administer first aid according to prescribed procedures and notify emergency medical personnel when necessary.
10. Other related duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.|
Excellent organization, communication (verbal and written), and supervisory skills.
Ability to interface professionally with employees, management, and external vendors.
Proficiency with applicable computer equipment and software, including word processing and spreadsheet software.
CPR and First Aid certified
Ability to obtain a Class B passenger and air brake license CDL within 6 months of hire date.
Associates degree or 60 semester hours of college from an accredited college/university.
2-3 years of experience in recreational program coordination activities and/or school and summer day camp programming.
Any combination of education and experience that provides requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.