Utility Maintenance Technician II
|Salary Range:||$16.65 - $21.64/hr|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Ensure effective ongoing maintenance and repair of the City’s water and wastewater treatment plants and systems.|
Responsible for effectively maintaining all related facilities/equipment in the water and wastewater system and related grounds.
|Duties:||1. Operates, inspects, repairs, and maintains lift station, water pump stations, water and wastewater treatment plant facilities by daily inspections; troubleshooting electrical controls/pumps and motors; removes and replaces pumps and motor and electrical controls; works with electrical voltages up to 480volts and inspects emergency equipment.|
2. Help develop and implement preventive maintenance programs to minimize breakdowns and repairs.
3. Maintains and prepares maintenance logs and inspections sheets as well as providing on-call assistance and respond to maintenance emergencies 24/7.
4. Maintain tools and equipment in safe and effective operating condition.
5. Maintain the City’s utility system by performing maintenance and repairs of pump and motors and the proper operation of the equipment required to perform duties during normal hours and emergency hours.
6. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||* Ability to work without supervision and to have good communication (verbal and written) skills.|
* Sound working knowledge of water and wastewater system operations, equipment and machinery.
* Ability to learn technical and scientific concepts and procedures related to work requirements, such as reading electrical prints and detailed drawing of water and wastewater facilities.
* Advanced mechanical skills, with ability to repair machinery and equipment and make judgments pertaining to repair needs.
* Ability to effectively and safely operate and maintain vehicles, equipment, and tools and to understand all related operating features.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum 1 year experience maintaining water and wastewater facilities and systems.
* Class C Water Certificate or Class C Wastewater Certificate.
* Valid Class C Texas driver license and the ability to obtain Class B commercial driver’s license within 6 months
* Good verbal and written communication
* Ability to read and comprehend manufacture’s maintenance manuals, work orders, and additional maintenance documentation.
* Safe vehicle, equipment and hand tools operation and maintenance.
* Strenuous and continuous physical activity, including stooping, kneeling and bending.
* Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
* Indoor/outdoor year round, as required; extreme weather conditions.
* Regularly scheduled for 5-day, 40-hour workweek, Monday through Friday, some overtime may be required; will be assigned “on-call” for evenings and weekends, as required.
* Exposure to potentially hazardous materials as well as working in confined spaces.