Police Community Liaison, Part-Time
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Under direction from command staff, coordinate a variety of outreach projects that enhance the relationship between the citizens of Pflugerville and the Pflugerville Police Department.|
|Duties:||1. Meet with neighborhood residents, leaders, and community groups to identify needs and available resources;|
2. Coordinate National Night Out events throughout the City in conjunction with neighborhood planners;
3. Develop, plan, and coordinate programs and activities to address needs of the community and improve coordination of existing programs;
4. Coordinate police volunteer programs and train residents in neighborhood support activities.
5. Assist in the establishment of revitalization of neighborhood associations and neighborhood watch blocks;
6. Represent the Pflugerville Police Department with various community groups;
7. Write, draft, and complete reports.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge of community organizing and neighborhood development techniques;|
Knowledge of local,city, state, and federal services available to community organizations;
Skill in planning, coordinating, and implementing community programs and activities;
Skill in developing new initiatives and to plan and coordinate activities;
Skill in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with the public and making effective use of community resources;
Skill in oral and written communications;
Skill in interpreting, organizing, coordinating, and executing assignments, projects, and programs;
Skill in conflict resolution and negotiation;
Skill in using computers and related Microsoft Office computer products;
Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities;
Ability to work well with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and experience, including community leaders, residents, service providers, local officials, and elected representatives.
High school diploma or equivalent; associates or bachelors degree in related field is preferred
Three years' job experience in community outreach or neighborhood wide community programs. A bachelors degree in a closely related field may substitute for job experience.
Valid Class C Texas Driver license
Ability to successfully pass a police department background screening
This position is budgeted to work under 1,000 hours annually. Hours and days of employment are negotiable, but weekends and evenings are a requirement for this position.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.