Sign Shop Tech
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Prepares signage related to transportation and transportation projects. Provides manual labor for repair and maintenance of City streets.|
Takes explicit direction from departmental supervision and carries out duties in accordance with established policies, procedures, and routines: may exercise moderate independent judgment and initiative.
|Duties:||1. Makes street signs, stop signs, yield signs, and other necessary transportation signage as required. Install and repair sign post.|
2. Create, maintain and complete all work orders on the work order system.
3. Operates chainsaw and other power tools to remove trees and branches from obstructing view of traffic signs.
4. Helps set up barricades for emergencies, traffic control and flooding.
5. Performs all job duties according to all approved safety rules and procedures.
6. Promptly reports all accidents, injuries, theft, loss, and broken/damaged equipment/property to the immediate supervisor.
7. Reports all unsafe practices or conditions to the immediate supervisor.
8. Actively participates in monthly safety meetings.
9. May be assigned temporarily to other departments to provide related support.
|Qualifications:||* Ability to understand verbal and written work instructions.|
* Ability to safely operate and maintain vehicles, equipment, and tools and to understand all related operating instructions.
* Ability to judge potentially dangerous situations and to alter course of action immediately to avoid any accidents.
* High school grad or equivalent.
* 1-3 years of experience with sign making and/or related field.
* Strenuous and continuous physical activity, including stooping, kneeling, bending, and digging.
* Lifting – up to 50 lbs.
* Operation of specific vehicles , equipment, and hand tools.
* Exposure to potentially hazardous materials.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.