Admin Tech- Dev Svcs
|Salary Range:||$13.76 - $15.82/hour|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Development Services Administration|
|Description:||Under direction of the City Engineer, performs routine-to-complex clerical tasks requiring specialized knowledge of departmental and overall Development Services Center operation.|
Frequent daily contact with citizens, external vendors, and other outside publics in person and by telephone, fax, mail, and electronic mail. Frequent communications with city employees from all departments on all levels. First point of contact for people entering the Development Services Center.
|Duties:||1. Answer Development Services Center phones and route calls to appropriate parties within City offices; respond to routine inquiries regarding processes/procedures related to department operations.|
2. Greet department visitors courteously and address routine inquiries, or direct visitors to appropriate personnel.
3. Issue/disperse appropriate applications/documents, as required.
4. Review submitted applications/documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
5. Record incoming correspondence/documents in established log(s) and route to appropriate personnel; suspense for further action as required.
6. Create and maintain department files, including paper files and computer databases/records, to ensure important department information is readily and accurately available.
7. Track department data/information to identify trends/issues and prepare related reports.
8. Prepare correspondence/documents/reports on an accurate and timely basis; distribute as directed.
9. Perform routine maintenance on office equipment, such as change printer/toner cartridges, add paper to copiers, etc.; call for service vendors as necessary.
10. Maintain inventories of and order departmental office, janitorial, and other supplies.
11. Assist with processing of Building Permits and Planning applications, including payment, when necessary.
12. Set up for and attend monthly Planning and Zoning Commission meetings and transcribe minutes.
13. Review for completeness, assess fees and travel to Travis County offices to record documents.
|Qualifications:||Proficiency with standard office equipment including, multi-line phone systems, copies, fax machines, and personal computers; working familiarity with performing routine office equipment maintenance.|
High degree of proficiency with software applications, including Windows and Microsoft Office applications; ability to accurately type at the rate of 40 wpm and operate a 10-key adding machine.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong time and task management skills.
Ability to interface professionally with internal and external publics via telephone and in person.
Written and verbal ability to communicate in the Spanish language preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent.
1+ years general office experience; related municipal government/specific department experience preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.