Library Tech- P/T
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor & Circulation Manager, performs the Circulation function of the Library, including materials handling, shelving, and undisputed patron account resolution issues.|
Follows and interprets circulation procedures with customer service & fiscal responsibility in mind. Under direction of Shift Supervisor & Circulation Manager works with Library volunteers. Frequently interfaces with library patrons, uses judgment to handle those with issues and fines. Exercises reasonable levels of judgment/initiative and works with minimal supervision.
|Duties:||1. Follow circulation procedures|
2. Handle undisputed patron account resolution issues
3. Provide customer service from the circulation desk to: check in/out books and other library materials; issue library cards; collect fees.
4. Assist library patrons in identifying and locating library books and materials.
5. Assist library patrons with the public computers and printer
6. Return library resources/materials to appropriate locations
7. Shelf read to ensure tidy shelves & correct material misplacements
8. Attend one staff meeting a week
|Qualifications:||Proficiency with personal computer, standard office software applications, and specialized library resource software; ability to operate computers, microfilm readers, and standard office equipment.|
Dependable with excellent communication and customer service skills.
High school diploma or equivalent + 2 year’s college courses.
Relevant customer service experience, library work experience a plus.
This position requires working hours on evenings and weekends. Candidates who do not indicate availability for either will not be considered.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.