Parks Maintenance Tech I (P/T, Weekends)
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Provides manual labor to ensure the timely construction, repair, and maintenance of the City's park system. |
Takes explicit direction from departmental supervision and carries out duties in accordance with established policies and procedures; exercises moderate levels independent judgment and initiative. Interacts frequently with department personnel and the external public.
|Duties:||- Construct and maintain assigned right of ways and City park grounds; mow, trim, edge, plant, water, and fertilize ground covering and shrubs; plant and trim trees; pick up litter and other debris.|
- Maintain City pool and pool equipment; brush, vacuum, check chemical levels, and inspect equipment for safe operation; make minor repair and adjustments as directed.
- Repair and maintain City park buildings and equipment; minor plumbing, painting, sandblasting, light welding, replacing light bulbs, repairing park benches, etc.
- Respond to park patron routine inquiries and enforce park rules and regulations.
- Maintain City tools and equipment in safe and effective operating condition; make minor repairs and adjustments as necessary; report unsafe or inoperable equipment to department management.
- May be assigned temporarily to other departments to provide related support.
|Qualifications:||- High school diploma or equivalent. |
- Valid Class C Texas driverís license.
- Ability to perform strenuous and continuous physical activity, including walking, stooping, kneeling, bending, and digging in various weather conditions.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively and safely operate light trucks, tractors with shredders, lawn tractors, weed eaters, trailers, shop tools, and various hand tools.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) with supervisor, crew members and the general public.
THIS POSITION IS PART-TIME, WEEKENDS (SATURDAY AND SUNDAY), YEAR-ROUND.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.