Parks and Rec Intern - Part Time
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Parks & Recreation|
|Description:||Assists in scheduling, planning, coordinating and implementing comprehensive recreation programs, events, and activities. Shadow personnel to learn and help with staffing, software for activities and rental facilities, administrative duties, maintenance duties, and performs related work as required.|
Frequent daily contact with the public and City employees in person, by phone or social media. First point of contact for citizens participating in our programs.
|Duties:||Shadow and lend support to:|
1. The Recreation Center to learn customer service and how the front desk operates. 2. The Senior Coordinator to learn programs/trips for our older citizen programs.
3. The Community Services Coordinator to learn how outdoor programs work.
4. The Special Events Coordinator to learn how varied events work for the department.
5. The Aquatic/Athletic staff to learn how pools and leagues operate.
6. The Maintenance crews to learn grounds keeping and machine maintenance.
7. Department staff meetings and the Parks & Rec Commission meetings.
8. Other duties as assigned by supervision/management.
|Qualifications:||* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.|
* Ability to interact in a professional manner under stressful conditions.
* Working proficiency with common office equipment including, multi-line phone systems, copies, fax machines, and personal computers; working proficiency with software applications, including Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
* Updated CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications preferred.
* Frequent reaching, stooping, bending and traveling between offices.
* Constant viewing of computer screen.
* Repetitive hand and wrist movements.
* Occasionally lifting, pushing, pulling, and dragging boxes and equipment up to 35 lbs.
* Recreational facilities both indoor and outdoor environments.
* Daytime, evening and weekend shifts possible. Holiday shifts also possible.
* Exposure to large crowds, noises and temperature variations possible.
*** Currently enrolled in college or recently graduated. Degree plan in Recreation Administration or related field is required.
*** 2 to 5 days a week for an academic semester with work hours to be determined between Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5 p.m and weekends, nights and special events. Limited to 19 hours per week.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.