Accounts Payable Technician
|Salary Range:||$13.76 - $15.82/hour, DoE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under direct supervision of the Purchasing Coordinator, performs routine clerical tasks related to accounts payable and other finance functions in accordance with established procedures. |
Frequent application of some independent judgement; interface with City employees and management, external vendors, and general public.
|Duties:||1. Receive and verify invoices to be paid following City purchasing guidelines in coding or department approval.|
2. Correspond with City departments and external vendors to resolve discrepancies.
3. Enter accounts payable data into computer system.
4. Review accounts payable data and print AP checks and/or prepare electronic payments.
5. Maintain accounts payable files in a systematic manner.
6. Distribute invoices to appropriate departments for approval and coding.
7. Receipt, update and file vendor W-9 forms and process annual 1099 forms.
8. Prepare special reports or conduct research as requested by department management.
9. Other related or unrelated duties as requested.
- Working knowledge of applicable department procedures.
- Proficient at data entry and 10-key by touch.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Ability to interface professionally with employees, management, and general public.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Must have strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proficiency with special department software such as Incode, standard word processing and spreadsheet software, applicable computer equipment, and standard office equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
3+ years' experience in accounting or payroll function.
1 year of college-level courses in accounting or bookkeeping, preferred.
Or, any combination of education and experience that provides requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.