Facilities Maintenance Technician
|Salary Range:||$12.51 - $14.38/hr|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under direction from the Department Head, routinely maintains the appearance and cleanliness of designated City facilities and outside grounds.|
Work is generally limited to maintaining and cleaning City building facilities and respective outside grounds. May interface with City employees and outside public.
|Duties:||1. Maintain facility kitchens and restrooms on a scheduled basis to ensure ongoing sanitation; mop floors; clean and disinfect toilets and sinks; clean mirrors, glass doors, and other glass surfaces; fill soap and paper dispensers; empty and clean refrigerators and microwaves, as applicable.|
2. As scheduled, vacuum all carpeted areas; sweep and mop all non-carpeted areas; strip, wax, and buff designated non-carpeted floors.
3. Dust/clean all hard surfaces as scheduled, including desks, bookshelves, tables, chairs, file cabinets, counters, windowsills, water coolers, glass doors and other glass fixtures, ceiling fans, etc.
4. Collect and remove all trash as scheduled - from inside and outside grounds of assigned facility.
5. Make minor repairs to facility as needed or directed; change light bulbs/fixtures; paint small areas needing touch up; identify need for major repairs and report immediately to Department Head.
6. Mow, edge, weed, and rake outside grounds related to assigned facility as scheduled; add or remove shrubs, flowers, and other plants as requested.
7. Maintain adequate inventory of all required cleaning/maintenance supplies and equipment; notify Department Head of inventory needs on a timely basis.
8. Routinely inspect cleaning/maintenance equipment to ensure safe operation; notify the Department Head immediately when frayed wires or otherwise defective equipment is identified.
9. Provide facility visitors with information, directions, or other assistance, as required.
|Qualifications:||High school diploma or equivalent|
Valid Class C Texas driverís license
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.