|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Performs a variety of manual duties that requires physical strength and endurance, including but not limited to chipping and composting. |
|Duties:||1. Operate and maintain both heavy and light machinery in a safe and effective manner. Equipment includes but is not limited to: vehicles, chippers, loaders, backhoes, and screens.|
2. Maintain City tools and equipment in safe and effective operating condition; make minor repairs and adjustments as necessary; report unsafe or inoperable equipment to department management.
3. Maintain City vehicles; clean inside and outside; perform maintenance checks before and after use; ensure proper storage of vehicles and vehicle keys.
4. May be assigned temporarily to other departments to provide related support.
|Qualifications:|| - Ability to understand verbal and written work instructions.|
- Ability to safely operate and maintain vehicles, equipment, and tools and to understand all related operating instructions.
- Capable of strenuous and continuous physical activity, including stooping, kneeling, bending, and digging, including lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Outdoor year round; potential for extreme weather conditions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class C Texas driverís license.
- Ability to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL) within 6 months of employment. Please review the CDL requirements at http://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/CDL-4.pdf