Parks Maintenance Tech I (Seasonal)- PT
|Salary Range:||$10.56- $12.14/hr|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||Provides manual labor to ensure the timely construction, repair, and maintenance of the City's park system. |
Takes explicit direction from departmental supervision and carries out duties in accordance with established policies and procedures; exercises moderate levels independent judgment and initiative. Interacts frequently with department personnel and the external public.
|Duties:||- Construct and maintain assigned right of ways and City park grounds; mow, trim, edge, plant, water, and fertilize ground covering and shrubs; plant and trim trees; pick up litter and other debris.|
- Maintain City pool and pool equipment; brush, vacuum, check chemical levels, and inspect equipment for safe operation; make minor repair and adjustments as directed.
- Repair and maintain City park buildings and equipment; minor plumbing, painting, sandblasting, light welding, replacing light bulbs, repairing park benches, etc.
- Respond to park patron routine inquiries and enforce park rules and regulations.
- Maintain City tools and equipment in safe and effective operating condition; make minor repairs and adjustments as necessary; report unsafe or inoperable equipment to department management.
- May be assigned temporarily to other departments to provide related support.
|Qualifications:||- High school diploma or equivalent. |
- Valid Class C Texas driverís license.
- Ability to perform strenuous and continuous physical activity, including walking, stooping, kneeling, bending, and digging in various weather conditions.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively and safely operate light trucks, tractors with shredders, lawn tractors, weed eaters, trailers, shop tools, and various hand tools.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) with supervisor, crew members and the general public.
It is estimated this seasonal position will last through September 2017. The schedule is Saturdays and Sundays, with possible hours scheduled on Fridays.
THESE POSITIONS ARE TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME AND BUDGETED FOR 13 WEEKS.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.