Utility Maintenance Technician III
|Salary Range:||$20.14 - $23.17|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Ensure effective ongoing maintenance and repair of the Cityís water and wastewater treatment plants and systems.|
Responsible for effectively maintaining all related facilities/equipment in the water and wastewater system and related grounds.
|Duties:||1. Operates, maintains repairs, replaces, modifies, re-designs, and upgrades the water pump stations and the wastewater lift stations and related equipment including wet wells, wells, storage tanks, pumps, mechanical/electrical controls and SCADA monitoring systems. Conducts inspections and monitors lift station and water pump station for safe and proper functions, coordinates and performs all onsite aspects of maintenance breakdowns. |
2. Inspects, repairs, replaces, modifies, re-designs, maintains, and upgrades to the Cityís water and wastewater plants and related equipment including tanks, piping, pumps, mechanical/electrical controls, emergency equipment, valves, air compressors, monitoring sensors, and SCADA monitoring system. Inspects and monitors the plants for safe and proper functions and coordinates and performs all onsite aspects of maintenance breakdowns.
3. Help develop and implement preventive maintenance programs to minimize breakdowns and repairs.
4. Maintains and prepares maintenance logs and inspections sheets as well as providing on-call assistance and respond to maintenance emergencies 24/7. Participates in monitoring inventory for essential equipment within water and wastewater systems.
5. Maintain tools and equipment in safe and effective operating condition.
6. Maintaining the water and wastewater system by removal of pump and motor with the use of a crane truck or other recommended lifting equipment during normal operation hours or emergency situations.
7. Performs administrative duties to provide a more efficient plan of action for inventory and breakdown procedures.
8. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||* Ability to work with minimal supervision and to follow verbal a and written directions.|
* Sound working knowledge of water and wastewater system operations, equipment and machinery.
* Ability to learn technical and scientific concepts and procedures related to work requirements such as reading electrical prints and detailed drawings of water and wastewater facilities.
* Excellent mechanical skills, with ability to repair machinery and equipment and make judgments pertaining to repair needs.
* Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
* Ability to effectively and safely operate and maintain vehicles, equipment, and tools and to understand all related operating features.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* 4+ year experience maintaining water and wastewater facilities and systems.
* Class B Water Certificate or Collection III
* Valid Class C Texas drivers license and the ability to obtain Class B commercial Texas driverís license within 6 months.