Crime Scene/Evidence Technician
|Salary Range:||$17.00 - $19.00 DOE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Support the protection of life and property by the thorough and effective investigation of criminal offenses that occur within the City of Pflugerville. |
May direct the activities of co-workers with regard to employing proper investigative techniques. Exercises considerable independent judgement and initiative.
|Duties:||1. Store and retrieve all property and evidence collected, seized, or kept by the police department assuring a continuous chain of custody. |
2. Maintain all records related to property and evidence.
3. Maintain asset inventory for the police department.
4. Maintain in-car digital video repository and act as court liaison for discovery and other related evidentiary issues.
5. Manage the delivery of evidence to and from court, laboratories, prosecutor's offices and other locations.
6. Maintain knowledge of the law and policies regarding the management, including the process for final disposition of evidence and property.
7. Respond to crime scenes, gather, process, sketch, and photograph physical evidence and crime scene. Assure that evidence is collected and stored according to policy.
8. Obtain, evaluate, and process finger, palm, and other type of exemplars.
9. Write reports regarding the collection and processing of evidence discovered.
10. Provide technical support and training, dealing with evidence and property, for all divisions within the Police Department.
11. Arrange for abandoned or forfeited property and evidence to go to auction.
12. Testify as required in court regarding the results of analysis and examination of physical evidence.
|Qualifications:||- Valid Texas drivers' license.|
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years minimum experience in a law enforcement agency including experience in evidence and property management or equivalent.
- Texas Association of Property and Evidence Inventory Technicians (TAPEIT) or International Association of Property and Evidence (IAPE) certification and/or active membership, or equivalent from another state or agency.
- Ability to perform occasional strenuous activity, including running, jumping, climbing, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds in various weather conditions.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.