Parks Maintenance Tech I
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:|| Provides manual labor to ensure the timely construction, repair, and maintenance of the Cityís park system. This position also performs routine maintenance of athletic fields and turf. This includes, but is not limited to mowing, fertilizing, spraying, painting, and irrigating.|
Takes explicit direction from departmental supervision and carries out duties in accordance with established policies and procedures; exercises moderate levels independent judgment and initiative. Interacts frequently with department personnel and the external public.
|Duties:||- Construct and maintain assigned right of ways and City park grounds; mow, trim, edge, plant, water, and fertilize ground covering and shrubs; plant and trim trees; pick up litter and other debris.|
- Repair and maintain City park buildings and equipment; minor plumbing, painting, sandblasting, light welding, replacing light bulbs, repairing park benches, etc.
- Respond to park patron routine inquiries and enforce park rules and regulations.
- Maintain City tools and equipment in safe and effective operating condition; make minor repairs and adjustments as necessary; report unsafe or inoperable equipment to department management.
- May be assigned temporarily to other departments to provide related support.
|Qualifications:||- High school diploma or equivalent. |
- Valid Class C Texas driverís license.
- Ability to perform strenuous and continuous physical activity, including walking, stooping, kneeling, bending, and digging in various weather conditions.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively and safely operate light trucks, tractors with shredders, lawn tractors, weed eaters, trailers, shop tools, and various hand tools.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) with supervisor, crew members and the general public.