|Salary Range:||$28,620 - $29,910|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Parks & Recreation|
|Description:||Under direction of the Department Head, performs complex clerical and administrative tasks requiring specialized knowledge of departmental operations.|
Frequent daily contact with citizens, City Council members, the Mayor, external vendors, and other outside public in person and by telephone, fax, mail, and electronic mail. Frequent communications with city employees from all departments on all levels. May act as second point of contact for people entering the department.
|Duties:||1. Answer department phones and route calls to appropriate parties within City offices; respond to routine inquiries regarding processes/procedures related to department operations.|
2. Greet department visitors courteously and address routine inquiries, or direct visitors to appropriate personnel.
3. Issue/disperse appropriate applications/documents, as required.
4. Review submitted applications/documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
5. Record incoming correspondence/documents in established log(s) and route to appropriate personnel; suspense for further action as required.
6. Create and maintain department files, including paper files and computer databases/records, to ensure important department information is readily and accurately available.
7. Track department data/information to identify trends/issues and prepare related reports.
8. Prepare correspondence/documents/reports on an accurate and timely basis; distribute as directed.
9. Perform routine maintenance on office equipment, such as change printer/toner cartridges, add paper to copiers, etc.; call for service vendors as necessary.
10. Make travel arrangements for department staff, as needed.
11. Attend City Council and other designated meetings; accurately take notes or minutes as required.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Proficiency with standard office equipment including, multi-line phone systems, copies, fax machines, and personal computers; working familiarity with performing routine office equipment maintenance.|
High degree of proficiency with software applications, including Windows and Microsoft Office applications; ability to accurately type at the rate of 40 wpm and operate a 10-key adding machine.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong time and task management skills.
Ability to interface professionally with internal and external publics via telephone and in person; Written and verbal ability to communicate in the Spanish language preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent.
2+ year�s secretarial/office experience; related municipal government/specific department experience preferred.